Thursday, February 7, 2013

University of Phoenix

Wednesday, February 6, 2013, I received notification, via certified snail mail, from Camie Pratt, JD, Associate Vice President/Title IX Coordinator for the University of Phoenix, that they have issued official warnings to James Rebel and James Coppi for bullying me.

Thursday, February 7, 2013, I posted a message to this effect on my current class' Main message board:


Vaughanster to University of Phoenix Chat Room Forum


Saturday, February 9, 2013, I received an e-mail, apparently from the same person (Camie Pratt) who sent me the certified letter, telling me that my post had been brought to her attention, and that my "post is highly inappropriate, and is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct.  Specifically, it violates the following paragraphs:


 2. Harassment that has the effect of creating a hostile or offensive educational environment for any student, faculty, or staff member.

 5. Disruptive behavior that hinders or interferes with the educational process.

11. Failure to maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of personal or professional information communicated about clients, one's employer, other students or their employers.

Furthermore, Camie Pratt tells me, "The Title IX complaint that you made and that was resolved is to be kept confidential.   Please immediately cease from this type behavior."
I replied, via e-mail, that "If James Rebel and James Coppi were concerned about a 'failure to maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of personal or professional information communicated about clients, one's employer, other students or their employers,' they should have thought of that before they called me an idiot and implied that my wife was whoring herself, in a forum open to approximately two dozen employees of Edwards Air Force Base where they work."
I posted this same paragraph on the Main message board of my class, so I doubt I will be continuing my studies at the University of Phoenix.  I'll be lucky if they let me finish my current class.

UPDATE:  I finished the class I was enrolled in, and received an A, and more importantly, to me, well wishes from the professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment